MEMBERSHIP GENERAL INFORMATION
- Instant access to a network of ~700 makers in the Southern Highlands with varied experience in their craft; to be utilized for collaborative projects, research on techniques, or marketing experience, as well as building your creative community.
- Four brick-and-mortar retail opportunities serve as a shared marketplace with work from other juried makers to capitalize on a strong collective of craft.
- Connections with 12 regional Education Centers for continuing education, niche craft experiences, and partnering in workshop opportunities
- Member of the Asheville Chamber of Commerce, American Craft Week, Historic Biltmore Village, Blue Ridge Parkway Association, Blowing Rock Chamber of Commerce, High Country Host, Dig Local Asheville, Blue Ridge Mountain Host, and more.
- Opportunity for scholarships for craft-related travel and study.
We educate the region and arts community on the importance of craft and its ability to impact the local creative economy. Through our four retail locations, daily demonstrations, biannual craft fairs, and five special events, we promote our makers and their crafts.
- Opportunity to demonstrate techniques, skills, or processes at the following educational events to the public; Glass, Metal, & Clay Day; Fiber Day; Wood Day; and Heritage Weekend.
- Ability to be a paid demonstrator at the Folk Art Center from March through December, Moses Cone Manor from April through November, and the Craft Fairs in July and October.
- Access to Guild's library, permanent collection, and archives for research on craft media, history, and more.
- Access to community craft networks for educational opportunities, either at schools or local workshops.
- Opportunity to teach crafts to young students through school workshops.
- Exposure through strategic and substantial annual advertising, both print and digital channels, as well as radio and television. These opportunities are in support of retail in shops, Craft Fairs, and special events.
- Opportunity to work with professional staff with experience in advertising, publicity, web technologies, and utilizing the SHCG brand for added value to your craft and business.
- Exhibition and gallery experiences in collaboration with members and staff obtaining knowledge in the collection, catalog, and appraisal, as well as museum affiliation.
- Ability to work with staff in gallery affiliation and processes, methods and materials research, pricing --
- Online store for digital revenue opportunity, a highly strategic e-commerce platform for members.
- Access to SHCG brand materials to show standards of quality and excellence in craft media.